Heliokles' AAR

The inn. Random chat, anything non-controversial or offensive.
Populus Romanus II

Heliokles' AAR

Post by Populus Romanus II »

I have been thinking about starting an AAR for the past few days. I have a few questions for you:

1) Should I do one? I want to do one, but if I do, I would want it to actually be good, not one of the really crappy AARs out there. However, making it good requires quite a bit of effort, and I am not sure that my enthusiasm will be able to carry me through.

2) Should it be for EB or EBII? Of course, if I decide to go through with this, I have to choose a mod. Now, I really would like to do one for EBII. But it has not come out yet, and might not come out for years, so should I forsake patience and just go for EB?

3) Should I do a) the Romani, b) the Arche Seleukeia, c) Ptolemaioi, d) one of the new factions [only if I wait for EBII], or e) other [unlikely to go with anything other than what I listed before, though]?
beos777

Re: Heliokles' AAR

Post by beos777 »

just wait for atb....:)
Populus Romanus II

beos777 wrote:just wait for atb....:)
:evil:

You think I am willing to wait half a decade to write an aar? :lol:
Hellenic Blade

Post by Hellenic Blade »

Well, if I were you (and since you don't wanna wait for AtB), I would suggest the Romani from EB. Reforms, a multitude of enemies, many opportunities, etc. You can't go wrong with that.
Populus Romanus II

I would do them, but the Diadochi would be really cool because of all the interesting angles you can approach the story from.
beos777

Post by beos777 »

do an aar about baktria....this faction starting as a weak but later becomes powerful......and u can expand very easy....:)
Hellenic Blade

Post by Hellenic Blade »

Heliokles Eukratides wrote:I would do them, but the Diadochi would be really cool because of all the interesting angles you can approach the story from.
Well, you can always put a certain political intrigue, it's very Roman-esque and adds quite a flavour. I personally like the Romans, due to the sheer diversity of the foes they face, and because I like the Legions. Baktria is also a nice choice.
Populus Romanus II

But waht about EB versus EBII? If I wait for EBII, I could do a Pergamon AAR. :D
Populus Romanus II

I see I have competition.
jirisys
Mod Leader

Post by jirisys »

Heliokles Eukratides wrote:I see I have competition.
Of course ;)

~Jirisys
Mod Leader